With all the air of a painting come to life this great house of irregular beauty seems suspended in a state that hangs somewhere between a material world and its unreal counterpart.
Located in the heart of the city, on the first floor of the theatre that was first opened in 1813. Its halls make up the historic foyer which was used to host the owners of the boxes after the shows.
Its beauty is completed by the perfection of its gardens, and in the precision and proportions of its interior spaces, which retain all the charm of an elegant literary parlour.
Centuries of history overlie a green hill that plunges into the lake. An intense and amazing journey through magnificent rooms and virtuoso gardens.
An example of nineteenth-century architecture in perfect equilibrium between its hanging garden and the banks of the lake.
There is harmonious imperfection in the array of arches and spiral columns of Villa Monastero.
The lake’s waters reflect both the austereness and the grace of this villa in a harmonious interweaving of styles, yellow ochre and soft pink.
Sheltered by the rocky shore and its densely packed trees and bushes, the house rises proudly and substantially out of the tranquil waters of the lake.
A virtuoso performance of neoclassical architecture that embraces the lake in the form of an immense and harmonious building extending along its broad bay.